Saturday, March 14, 2009

Review: Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Foundation


This foundation is supposed to be the liquid version of the Dream Matte Mousse. I had wanted to try a liquid foundation, because I was noticing that the powder I was using was starting to dry out some areas on my face. I got it for about 7 dollars at my local walmart. I got it in shade Light 02. I really like the coverage this gave me. This is not a full coverage foundation, it gave me a very natural look. I somewhat shy away from liquid foundations because I feel like they make my skin look fake. This gave me a very even skin tone, and like I said I really liked the coverage it gave me. This foundation gave me light to medium coverage, and it really evened out my skin tone. I do not normally have blemishes or things I need to cover, I just put foundation to even out my skin tone. The shade matched my skin perfectly. I put this on with MAC's 109 brush and it did give me that airbrush finish that the company promises. You have to be quick with this foundation because it dries very fast. I pump it on the back of my hand and because it dries so fast that I have to use more than one pump sometimes because the extra foundation I have on my hand is already dry when I am done putting it on my face. The pump is a very nice feature, it is hygenic and it also helps from using too much. This foundation made me break out really bad. I usually do not breakout from foundations. I am also very clean with my brushes, making sure I clean them everytime I am done using them. I also make sure I clean my face every night especially if I am wearing foundation that day. I never really have an acne problem(Just little blemishes around the time of my period.), and I got a lot of little bumps between my eye brows that are gone now, but left a lot of little dry red spots. I also got some bigger blemishes around my chin and on my cheeks. I do not know why this particular foundation broke me out, but if you have acne prone skin I do not recommend this foundation. I am still suffering from the effects on this foundation, I just am so greatful for my zap zit. Which will lead me onto my next review..

No comments: